Painting An Angel Pt. 1

Whilst sorting through my art archive, I came across this unfinished angel painting that I had begun back in 2010. I have decided that it was about time it was finished, but first, I felt it needed a little bit of a rework.

The original angel painting, created with an ink pen of some board. I had intended to paint it with acrylics but, for some unknown reason, I never finished it.

Here is the beginnings of the rework. Its in its very early rough stages but I feel its starting to convey a little more of a story.

I've decided to try for something a bit sinister tonally, and twist what an archetypal angel would look like and how it would behave. Here, I want the angel 'creature' to appear to be tormenting the faerie (which has replaced the butterfly) in the jar, and to achieve this, I have given the angel a tail in which the jar hangs.

Once I go in and refine the details, I'm sure I'll make the faerie design a little more interesting than a naked lady with butterfly wings, and I'm sure I'll bend the angel design a little further too (basically to the point where people will unanimously say "thats not an angel!").

Hope to post an update of this soon, but its likely I won't have much time to work on it, owing to the fact that I'm away on a rare business trip this week and will be starting a new job next week. Still, making a start is important.

Lloyd Harvey

Comments